Friday, September 21, 2012

Texas!


Our little family has moved to the great state of Texas for the next four months! We have only been here a few weeks, but already have fallen in love with this state! We are living in a place called Fairview, which is about 40 minutes north of down town Dallas. And if we were to move here, and had a lot of money, this would be the place I would want to live! Ha.

The best part of it all is that we are living with my aunt Lori, uncle Britt and my cute cousin Gracie. And I can’t forget their 2 brown labs Hallie and Henry and their cat Max! They have such a beautiful home! And Dan’s favorite part would for sure be the pool! It has been so much fun being able to spend so much time with them! They are the nicest/funniest/most fun people ever.

We came here because Dan is doing an administrative internship at the Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Plano. He is absolutely loving it and learning so much! He is planning on starting his Masters next fall in Hospital Administration. My uncle Britt is the CEO of Texas Health Presbyterian of Dallas! He has been such an amazing mentor for Dan and a huge reason Dan has decided to go into this field.

The only downside to living outside of Utah is that I usually have no idea where I am going! I do not understand how anyone gets around here without a gps. It boggles my mind. I honestly don’t even know which way is north or south. Surprisingly enough, I can actually go to a few places now without using our gps. I told Dan the other day that I totally feel like a local because of it! haha.

While Danny is at work all day every day Jack and I have a blast exploring our new town! Although there are some days that the only thing I get accomplished is showering and bathing Jack, our days usually consist of long walks/jogs through the BEAUTIFUL neighborhood, cleaning, going to the park to swing (Jack loves it!), sitting outside by the pool, running random errands, going to cool stores with my aunt Lori, reading, making dinner and if there is time, taking naps. It seriously feels like we are on vacation.

My aunt Lori is a blast. She has taken me to so many amazing stores. It is a good thing I don’t have a house to decorate or else I would want to buy everything! I have absolutely loved getting to know her better and spending so much time with her!

To sum it up, we absolutely love it and are so grateful to be here. We obviously miss our family and friends in Utah, but this is such a great experience/opportunity for our little family. We love living with the Berretts! And maybe someday we will officially become Texans! 


Just loving life on our jog!
The neighborhood  
Our favorite little park!
How pretty is this neighborhood?
Chillin at the park!
I sit out here when Jack is upset and he instantly stops crying :) 
Henry and Hallie

Dan's favorite place!
He is a stud.

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh brooke, your son is adorable! i had no idea you guys moved to texas! sounds like such an adventure out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kylee! we think he is pretty adorable too! It has been an adventure, that is for sure!

      Delete
  2. Holy cow! I want to move in too! I don't think we'd ever get out of the pool. :-) love the pictures of Jack! He is so adorable I can't get over it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, Love, LOVE! Your blog is wonderful. I love seeing the pictures of where you live now and what you're up to and of course of our cute little grandson! He is such a beautiful boy! But of course he would be since you and Dan are such beautiful people! Seriously love you guys! And your blogs!!

    ReplyDelete