Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Baby Jack Edward Springer...


Baby Jack Springer was born on June 272012 at 6:22 p.m. Words cannot express the overwhelming love and joy Dan and I shared when we saw our little boy for the fist time. He weighed 7 pounds 13 oz. and was 22 inches long.




We had waited 40 weeks and 3 days for this! I can honestly say that I was convinced he was never going to come out and would just be in me forever. I was finally induced on June 26th at 9 p.m. it was the most surreal feeling heading to the hospital, knowing we were going to see our little guy so soon. I always imagined waking up in the middle of the night in a panic, grabbing my bag and heading to the hospital. But in this case everything was planned. 

When we got there I changed and they hooked me up to all the machines, medicine, etc. and we just sat there sitting, waiting, wishing. Nothing was happening. I wasn’t progressing. My mom was there with us and we had fun watching movies, talking, and joking around trying to pass the time. They broke my water at 8 a.m. My Doctor, Doctor Smith, came in around 1 p.m. and said if I don’t progress much more in the next couple of hours that I would have to have a C-section, which he seemed pretty convinced that is what was going to happen. When he left the room I became so nervous. A C-section was the last thing I wanted to do. He said if I was to progress though, I would probably have him around 9 or 10 p.m. 

Dan and I said a prayer together praying that things would work out and that our little baby boy would be ok. An hour later the nurse checked me and I was dilated to a 9 and a half and ready to go! The Nurses and Doctor couldn’t believe it! Our prayers were answered!! They started getting the room ready and I kept asking the nurse, “Wait, so this is really happening??” Ha. It was so surreal!

The delivery went great for the most part. Baby Jack was perfectly healthy and for sure the cutest and sweetest baby boy in the world according to Dan and me! I cannot even explain the feeling of holding my baby boy for the first time. Instead of feeling all his little kicks inside my belly, he was in my arms! I honestly don’t know if there is any greater feeling in the entire world!

We had lots of close friends and family come visit at the hospital. We were so happy that my little brother and sister and parents were able to be there for a day before they left to Baltimore. I needed my mamma! I was so happy they were able to be there for that sweet time with us before they headed out!

Life is SO good!

Holding my boy for the first time.
We love Dr. Smith!

Our new little family :)
Daddy holding his boy for the fist time.
His awesome shirt says, "As a matter of fact I was born yesterday." So cute! Thanks to Jack's aunt April for letting him have it!

Jack's Fan Club.

Nanna and Papa! Papa seeing Jack for the first time! 
So so so happy my mom was able to be there with me during this awesome experience!
Brighton wasn't letting anyone else hold him. Ha. She was so in love with "baby Jack."
Practicing for one of their own :)


Awesome Aunt Amy
Loved that the Larsen fam were in town so they could come visit!

The worlds best sisters! 

My favorite sister in the entire world! :)
Aunt April!!
Grandma Jean!
Oh, John.  
Cousins Aidan and Ruby
Facetime with Tanner James while he was in Tennessee.
One of Jack's many favorite aunts.
 Bin and Anna Marie. Love them.


Jess and Emmitt! Jack and Emmitt are going to be friends for life. 
Jack is so grateful for his amazing Nanna and Papa and the wonderful example they are to him!
My family stopped by on the way to the airport to say their last goodbyes. Bitter sweet :)
We love aunt Jaimie!
Brighton is too funny!

 Is he not the sweetest boy??









For sure my mug was one of the best things at the hospital!
Leaving the Hospital! He is so excited! Ha!
Entering the real world :)


8 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! What a great first post! I love all the pictures! You are so brave - I don't know if I could handle that many visitors when I am in the hospital! I can't believe Jack is getting so big already and I still haven't met him. That will need to change soon! He is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I thought it was so fun having people come visit! I looked awful, but hopefully people understood I had just had a baby haha and seriously he is so big! he is in mostly 6-12 month clothes already!

      Delete
  2. Hey is so cute Brooke! You're going to be the best mom :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie! I am so excited for you to have your little boy! They are the best. :)

      Delete
  3. ahh brooke! i'm so glad you got a blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As am I! I have absolutely no idea what I am doing, but hopefully I will get the hang of it!

      Delete
  4. Brookie! Just happened to find this! I miss you and after the holidays I want to come visit you! I hope life is good and that you are happy! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, glad I'm not the only one that thinks the water jugs from the hospital are the best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete